New Path’s Pathfinder™ process reveals a deep understanding of your buyer personas and identifies their needs at every stage of the buyer’s journey. As we help our clients navigate the most efficient path for growth, the Pathfinder™ results serve as the foundation for advancing your digital maturity. The following steps ensure that our team will make the most informed recommendations for your inbound marketing strategy:
1. Define Your Target Audience
One of the most critical aspects of your inbound marketing strategy is defining your buyer personas. By fully understanding your target audience, including their needs, goals, pain points and purchase patterns, your content can guide them toward the most efficient path to becoming a customer.
Narrowing your target audience should include these considerations:
- What are their search habits?
- What are their primary pain points?
- What questions do they have?
- Where do they go for information?
- How are they accessing this information?
- What are they looking to learn more about?
2. Design Your Goals
To create a successful inbound marketing campaign, you need to have specific, measurable goals in place. For each aspect of your marketing plan, you will need to define a goal that is SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound).
Analyze how your website is currently performing. How much organic traffic are you currently bringing in? Are users converting, and if so, what is the conversion rate? When setting your campaign goals, you’ll want to look at key performance indicators such as:
- Monthly inbound traffic – How many users are arriving on your website each month through inbound channels?
- Monthly inbound leads – When users are finding their way to your site, are they converting?
- Sources of traffic – How are users finding their way to your website (SEO, PPC, social media, email newsletters, etc.)?
3. Select Your Content Mix
Now that you have identified your target audience and their needs, you need to determine the best ways to reach them. Consider the variety of the types of content you can create:
- Blog posts
- How-to guides
- Long-form articles
- White papers
- Case studies
- Social media
- Email marketing
Your New Path team will make informed content mix recommendations based on your specific goals to transform your buyer persona from a prospect to a customer.
4. Drive Traffic to Your Content
New Path helps clients develop content that is optimized for search engine rankings. As your content begins to rank higher in search results, you will also want to also promote content through your company’s communication channels such as:
- Social media – As new blogs or infographics are created, promote them through your company’s social media channels. For each piece of content, create a few social media posts centered around each specific piece. This will allow you to promote the same pieces a few times throughout the campaign period, increasing the opportunity to reach a broader audience. Experiment with posting these on different days and times and analyze the reporting insights to uncover any patterns.
- Email newsletters – Do you have a list of former customers? Do you have a way to collect email addresses from potential customers? Email is one of the best marketing channels because it allows you to get your email directly into the inbox of your target audience. Use your content in a lead nurturing drip campaign (highly personalized) to share high-quality and valuable information with prospective customers.
- Outbound marketing – Just because you’re focusing on an inbound marketing campaign that doesn’t mean you should completely ignore outbound marketing channels! Use the content from your inbound campaign to supplement your outbound marketing. Find ways to incorporate the case studies, blogs, videos, and more into your sales emails or paid advertisements.
5. Nurture Your Leads
Lead nurturing is the final piece of your customized inbound marketing strategy that ties everything together. New Path will identify specific ways to keep your prospective customers engaged with your content, which is critical to advancing the buyer’s journey. Through the Pathfinder™ process, New Path will recommend the best technology options for maintaining your customer contacts and identify best practices for segmentation.
Successful lead nurturing depends on a balance of offer content, automation timing and message optimization. Working with New Path to implement your lead nurturing will ensure you have the most efficient mix of content to maximize your inbound marketing investment.
Contact New Path Digital to learn how to get started building your inbound marketing strategy!
Inbound marketing is all about creating helpful and relevant content for each stage of the buyer’s journey. It is not enough to simply create the content, publish it, and hope that it’s going to reach your target audience. Your content must attract and engage your audience to address their specific needs and help establish your authority in that space.