Pay-per-click advertising for nonprofits
Google offers grants for nonprofits, up to $10,000, for in-kind advertising every month from AdWords. What is AdWords, you ask? AdWords is an online advertising solution from Google for paid search advertising. Get your advertising dollars!
You can recruit more volunteers, attract more donations, and share your story with your target audience.
What are Google Grants?
Because you’re a nonprofit, you could potentially qualify for up to $10,000 in advertising dollars from Google! With the money, you’re able to buy ads on Google’s Search Network free of charge to you.
By being on the Google Search Network, you’ll have the opportunity to display your message to people who are searching for nonprofits like yours.
Google is giving you an opportunity to expand your marketing and advertising budget without having to spend from your annual funds. The grant money helps to pay for your ad clicks themselves, so you are only paying for a professional pay-per-click agency to help build, manage, optimize, and measure your ads.
What are the benefits?
Show up in Google’s search results.
Be in control of growing your donations.
Determine what’s working and what to improve.
By no surprise, each nonprofit must meet certain criteria in order to qualify and be awarded Google Ad Grants. Once qualified, you must then meet criteria to keep the qualification active.
How to qualify:
- Start by applying to Google for Nonprofits.
- Have a valid charity status. Check Google for Nonprofits for charity status in the US.
- Agree to all required certifications for nondiscrimination, donation receipt, and use.
- Maintain an active website with quality content. (If you need help with your website, contact us!)
You will not be eligible if your organization is a governmental entity, hospital or medical group, school, or academic institution or university. But, philanthropic extensions of educational organizations are eligible.
To stay qualified, there are a few expectations Google requires you meet. These restrictions include what the ad dollars can be used for, what your landing pages can be, and active monitoring minimums. We know you’re busy, and already know the ins and outs of Google, and are here to help you successfully funnel more traffic to your website, find more volunteers, and increase your donations.
If you want to start with Google Ad Grants, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- All search ads will be text-based only, there is no option for video or images.
- While your ads will appear on Google’s search results pages, they will appear below any ads of paying advertisers.
- Targeting for campaigns is restricted to keyword and geography.
- You cannot pay more than $2 per-click (CPC).
The process to apply for Google Grants is easy, but can be time consuming if you’re not familiar with navigating AdWords.
Here are the steps:
- See if you’re eligible: view eligibility requirements
- Apply for a Google for Nonprofits account: apply here
- Enroll in Google Ad Grants: choose the program that’s right for you
- Once you choose your program, create your AdWords account. This is where things can get tricky. Call us, and well help walk you through what to do.
- Submit your account for review
Let’s work together to continue making our community a better place.
Email us, we have a passion for helping nonprofit organizations grow and focus on helping others.
Learn With Us
Get news, case studies, updates, and more delivered straight to your inbox.