What is geofencing?
Geofencing mobile advertising strategies are the practice of establishing a radius around a high-value physical location. That could include an advertiser’s brick & mortar location, public events (sporting events, street fairs, etc.), industry conferences, travel destinations, and more.
You can adjust the size of the radius to accommodate different campaign strategies. Businesses can:
- B2B advertisers who want to drive booth traffic at a key industry conference that their salespeople are attending would want to keep their geofence tight to the conference venue and any applicable hotels in the nearby area.
- Restaurant advertiser who wants to drive lunch traffic would want to cast a slightly larger net and would set their geofence up to include key business, shopping, and residential areas within a short distance to their location.
- An entertainment venue in a coastal tourist town that wants to increase same-day visits may want to geofence popular beaches and push ads with real-time information & offers for their business.
Depending on the campaign strategy, advertisers can add multiple targeting layers to be even more precise with their geofence advertising investments. In addition, they can use targeting strategies such as gender, income, and in-market behavior to further refine their approach.
Benefits of Geofencing Ads
Geofencing ads can be a powerful tool for businesses to reach people in a specific location. Some key benefits include:
- Precise Targeting
By focusing display ads (and other) on a specific geographic location, you can ensure your ads are reaching the right audience.
- Increased Engagement
By utilizing geofencing, businesses can boost relevance and increase user engagement by delivering relevant ads to customers when they’re in close proximity.
- Better Conversion Rates
Geofencing ads help drive foot traffic, as users who receive the ad are already in the vicinity of the business.
Geofencing ads take location-based services up a notch, delivering powerful ROI boosts that traditional advertising methods just can’t compete with.
- Data Collection
Geofencing technology helps you get ahead of the game and collect key information about your customer’s behavior and preferences, so that you can optimize ad targeting strategies for maximum results.
Right time, right place, right message. Geofence mobile advertising strategies work!
New Path Digital is experienced at helping clients develop and deliver successful geofencing marketing campaigns. Here are just a few of our results:
- Increase in Store Traffic and Sales
In just 3 months, a local co-op for a national fast-casual restaurant brand experienced impressive increases in both traffic through their door and catering orders. By deploying strategic geofencing display campaigns they successfully grew sales on all fronts!
- Healthcare Referral Growth
After allocating resources to hone in on key, out-of-network healthcare facilities via location campaigns within their region, our regional healthcare provider has seen significant growth – and success!
- Double Digit Foot Traffic Growth
Our business-to-business advertiser skyrocketed their foot traffic growth at key conferences by utilizing cutting edge geofencing ads. Furthermore, they expertly targeted the event venue and its surrounding hotels for maximum impact!
Let’s get started. It’s easier than you think!
Despite being a powerful tool for targeting customers, geofencing has only recently gained traction among advertisers due to some hurdles.
- Companies lack awareness of the opportunities available to them
- Local agency partners lack the necessary understanding of how to strategically use the technology
- Limited purchase options and campaign minimums have kept many advertisers on the outside looking in
Today, advertisers have more options than ever to target their potential customers with digital display advertising. Whether you’re working with a big or small budget, crafting campaigns to meet your specific goals is easy. We’ve got the tools necessary for success – no matter who you want to reach!
New Path Digital Can Help
Whether you need to advance your digital media buying practices, make your website more effective, or you’re struggling to understand your data — we’re here to help move you forward. Schedule a free consultation to learn how New Path Digital can help your business grow.
Blog Last Updated on 9 months by New Path Digital